5 Year Residence Permit in Greece
By virtue of article 20 of the Greek Immigration & Social Integration Code (Law 4251/2014) third-country nationals and their family members have the option to issue a five-year residence permit in Greece on the basis that they own immovable property in Greece valued at €250.000.
Non-EU Nationals obtaining the 5-year residence permit may:
- Live in, exit and re-enter Greece without visa.
- Travel in all Schengen countries without further documentation other than their passport and their Greek residence permit.
- Be accompanied by their family members, including the spouse, children under 21 years old and the parents of the spouses.
- Lease this property.
- Renew the residence permit for an equal period each time for as long as the property remains in their ownership.
- Entering Greece with a valid Visa of any type, issued by the Greek consulate/embassy in the country of origin or already having a Greek residence permit issued for any purpose
- Own immovable property in Greece of a minimum value of €250.000.
Basic Documentation for 1st Issuance
- True copy of valid passport or equivalent travel document recognized by Greece, together with valid visa.
- Copy of the contract for the purchase of immovable property or properties, of minimum value of €250.000.
- Certificate of Registration of the contract to the competent Land Registry.
- Certificate that the applicant have applied to a medical insurer for full coverage of his medical care and expenses.
After submitting the application
The competent Greek authorities provide the applicants with a certificate of receipt (blue paper with photo), permitting the third-country national to stay in Greece until the authorities reach a final decision on the application. The resident permit is typically issued within a period of two months although earlier issuance is possible upon consultation with the competent authorities.
Our Legal Services
We provide legal services and consultation in all stages of the procedure, from buying the property of your choice to the final issuance of your residence permit.
If you are interested in obtaining a 5-year residence permit or need more information please use the Contact us form below or call us at +30 210 7209800 to consult directly with one of our lawyers.